“Personal Information”, as defined in R.A. No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, is any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” refers to personal information:
(1) About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
(2) About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
(3) Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
(4) Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
“Personal Data”, as used in this Policy, refers to both Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data is collected through our Services or through other lawful means, such as when you provide your personal data for registration, when availing of our products and services, when providing your location, when providing transaction or payment information, when subscribing to our publications or marketing collaterals, when you contact us offline, and through other means. As regards Sensitive Personal Information, we only collect this type of information with your consent and when necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
The Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to, your name, gender, date of birth, address, bank account and payment details, email address and other contact data, transaction data, location data, and usage data.
You must provide us accurate and complete Personal Data for you to use the Site and Application, and otherwise avail of our products and services. It is your responsibility to notify us of changes to your Personal Data, or in the event you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or out-of-date.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from minors. By agreeing to this Policy, you confirm and warrant that you are above the age of minority and that you fully understand and accept the terms of this Policy. Parents or legal guardians should not allow minors under their care to provide their Personal Data. Parents or legal guardians who disclose the personal information of minors under their care agree to the terms of this Policy and are fully responsible for the actions of their minors.
In situations where you provide us the Personal Data of third parties, such as when providing the Personal Data of the recipients of your orders, you expressly represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent, permission, or license for their Personal Data to be collected, shared, and otherwise processed.
- II. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Create, update, and administer your User Account, including verification of your identity;
- To communicate with you;
- Process orders and provide you with our products and services;
- Validate your transaction and payment details;
- Process payments;
- Make and process deliveries;
- Profiling for statistical and data analysis and marketing purposes;
- To derive further attributes from you in order to provide you with more targeted products, services, and information;
- Research and development to improve and personalize our products and services;
- To send out marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and materials, including those of our agents, affiliates, sponsors, and advertisers;
- To send you invitations, alerts, updates, and mailers;
- Investigate, resolve, and monitor complaints and issues;
- To comply with legal, governmental, and regulatory requirements;
- To ensure the safety and security of our services;
- To respond to queries, claims, and feedbacks;
- To defend our rights when necessary;
- To conduct automated decision-making processes in relation to the above; and
- For other lawful purposes.
We may also share anonymized information, such as aggregated information, to third parties.
III. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose or share some of the information that you have provided to us. In these instances, we ensure that your Personal Data is disclosed on a confidential basis and in compliance with the Data Privacy Act, its implementing rules and regulations, and other issuances or orders of the National Privacy Commission
We do not disclose, share, lease out, or sell your Personal Data to third parties except in special circumstances where you may have given your specific consent for, and as authorized in this Policy.
In some instances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, associated companies, and other third parties as part of our regular business operations and for the provision of our products and services. This means we may share your information with:
- Our partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, subcontractors, and other persons or entities that act as our service providers who help us provide our products and services, such but not limited to couriers, Transportation Network Vehicles Service providers, and customer contact centers. Only to the extent required to fulfill our services, we share your Personal Data to companies that offer food delivery services, such as but not limited to GrabFood, Grab Express, Food Panda, Lalamove, and to Thinkcrumbs, our IT service provider helping us with our ordering website.
- Our consultants, advisers, marketing partners and other business partners.
- Government agencies, authorities, and law enforcement agencies and other third parties as required or when authorized under law, or when necessary during emergencies that threaten life, health, or safety of persons.
- Other companies whom you have also given consent to share your information.
- RETENTION AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We have put in place legal, technical, and organizational structures and measures to protect your Personal Data. Moreover, your Personal Data is shared within our organization only on a need-to-know basis.
Your Personal Data us is retained only for as long you maintain an account with us. Further, we will not retain your Personal Data longer than necessary, such as when we no longer have a legal or reasonable business purpose for retaining them.
- YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the following rights as a data subject in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right to request for reasonable access to your personal data;
- Right to withdraw your consent to the continued use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data to which you have withheld or withdrawn your consent;
- Right request erasure or blocking of your personal data;
- Right to request correction of inaccurate or erroneous personal data, unless such request is vexatious or unreasonable;
- Right to indemnification for damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of personal data.
- Right to file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission; and
- Right to data portability.
If you have any queries about this Policy, or would want to enforce your rights as a data subject, or believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Data Privacy Officer at:
Data Privacy Officer: David V. Azanza
Address: N7 Poblete Compound, 343 Interior Service Road Brgy. Sun Valley, Paranaque City
Other contact details: (02) 831-0322
- COOKIES AND OTHER COMPUTER DATA
You authorize us to collect cookies and similar technology (“Cookies”) in connection with your use of the Services. Cookies are small text files that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit websites or applications.
When you visit the Site or use the Application through your computer, mobile device, or any other device connected to the internet, our servers will automatically record data that your browser sends. Cookies may transmit your Personal Data such as your browser type, computer habits, search preferences, IP address, date and time of usage and access, among others.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies, you may opt-out of or deactivate cookies through changing the settings in your web browser or internet-connected device.